Canada’s most dynamic and diverse hotel management company is seeking to fill the position of Director of Sales for the Holiday Inn & Suites Vancouver Downtown. Reporting to the General Manager and indirectly to the National Director of Sales, the Director of Sales manages reactive and proactive sales efforts for the hotel. Provides day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues. Manages the sales and marketing budget, planning and implementing sales and marketing strategies to accomplish organizational goals.
The Director of Sales duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Provide inspiring leadership and oversee all sales activities for the Sales Team.
- Champion the sales culture within the hotels, among associates and managers.
- Maintain and promote a team work environment with effective and clear communication among co-workers.
- Direct sales activities, measure progress, and adjust plans to drive revenues.
- Coach and support sales associates creating an effective, dynamic team.
- Engage with Atlific and IHG contacts for required sales and marketing initiatives, training, feedback and coaching to help others developing their skills and careers.
- Manage IHG systems and hotel sales and systems (including SalesForce) and ensures all pertinent client communication including proposals and contracts are documented within the system.
- Manage performance to achieve the right business mix and ultimately achieve sales goals, conducting performance appraisals, and implement actions as required.
- Work closely with the revenue management team to maintain a balance between occupancy, mix, and rate to achieve budgeted RevPar. Establish and adjust rates by monitoring costs, competition, as well as supply and demand.
- Develop and manage the sales budget, expenses, flow through and recovery to generate maximum returns.
- Develop and manage the marketing budget to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives.
- Ensure cost control and budgeted expenses are met; approves master bills, VIP gifts, complimentary rooms, etc. Evaluate business/sales goals, market opportunities, and available resources to generate profitable strategies.
- Implement and maintain a strategic sales plan and SMART action plan to generate top line revenues to meet or exceed annual budget expectations. Conduct account and market research to develop and implement effective sales strategies for each market segment, to grow market share.
- Provide customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Understands customers, builds organizational credibility and develops new revenue sources on an on-going basis.
- Review data benchmarking (STR) report, competitive shopping reports and other resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s market position. Work with industry tools such as Agency 360 to shift identified market share.
- Research competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
- Work closely with Atlific and hotel team to maximize hotel revenues and exceed budgets.
- Conduct outside sales calls, telephone solicitation and site inspections to build relationships, aggressively target new business, and grow existing accounts.
- Represent the hotel at IHG and Atlific events, and sales related activities.
- Attend industry events, educational workshops, trade shows, and company sponsored conferences after hours.
- Participate in industry related clubs, societies, organizations and/or committees which may entail after hour meetings.
- Entertain clients on/off–site; representing the hotel in a professional manner. Participate in applicable Atlific and IHG corporate training programs.
- Engage with Atlific and IHG contacts for required sales and marketing initiatives.
- Engage with IHG Sales ensuring the hotel complies with branded sales and marketing programs.
- Prepare and evaluate monthly reports and set appropriate actions.
- Promote the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally, as well as oversee the adherence to values and mission.
- Assist with various assignments and/or projects as assigned by Management Company. Other duties as may be required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Director of Sales in the hospitality industry, with proven track record.
- Post-secondary education (Hospitality Degree) in Sales or equivalent.
- Brand experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Highly energetic, aggressive self-starter and well developed sales skills including excellent negotiation, prospecting, presentation, and verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong sales leadership with ability to direct and motivate the team to achieve goals.
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented, commitment to superior customer service.
- Must have established industry contacts and knowledge of marketplace.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong negotiation and prospecting skills.
- Established industry contacts and knowledge of marketplace.
- Computer literacy (excel, word, group booking systems, internet, email, Delphi/SalesForce).
- Proven leader who can motivate and lead by example.
- Works well under pressure.
For qualified and interested candidates, please send a covering letter and resume to: Kris Szylowski, General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org