The Dakota Dunes Resort opened in September 2020 and is a tribute in design to its Indigenous heritage. Located on traditional Whitecap Dakota Unceded Territory, nestled within a beautiful river setting and surrounded by gently rolling natural sand dunes, Dakota Dunes Resort is Saskatoon’s first full-service resort experience. With 155 inviting guestrooms and over 10,000 square feet of meeting space, our hotel is the perfect location for a restful stay or an inspiring meeting, just 20 minutes from downtown. The Dakota Dunes Resort is not just the best place to stay, it is the best place to work!
The award winning, Dakota Dunes Resort is currently searching for a Director of Sales. Reporting to the General Manager and as a member of the Executive Management team, the Director of Sales will be accountable for managing the hotel sales and catering, marketing and overall revenue generating efforts. The Director of Sales manages reactive and proactive sales efforts for the hotel. Provides day to day leadership to sales and catering associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues. Manages the sales, catering and marketing budget, planning and implementing sales and marketing strategies to accomplish organizational goals.
If you are dynamic leader with a proven track record, we want to hear from you.
The Director of Sales duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Provide inspiring leadership and oversee overall sales activities for the Sales team.
- Champion the sales culture within the hotels among associates and managers.
- Work closely with revenue management teams to maintain a balance between occupancy, mix, and rate to achieve budgeted RevPar. Establish and adjust rates by monitoring costs, competition, as well as supply and demand.
- Develop and manage sales and catering budget, expenses, flow through and recovery to generate maximum returns.
- Evaluate business/sales goals, market opportunities, past results, and available resources to generate profitable strategies.
- Direct sales activities, measures progress, and adjusts plans to retain existing business and drive new business.
- Coach and support sales and catering associates creating an effective, dynamic team.
- Manage performance to achieve the right mix and ultimately achieve sales goals, conducting performance appraisals for sales team and implement actions as required.
- Review data benchmarking (STR) report, competitive shopping reports and other resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s market position.
- Implement and maintain a strategic sales & marketing plan and activity calendar to generate top line revenues to meet or exceed annual budget expectations.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical marketing and initiatives, to capture demand and shift share from competitors.
- Champions Social Media efforts to ensure messaging is dynamic, engaging and effective.
- Ensure cost control and budgeted expenses are met; approves master bills, VIP gifts, complimentary rooms, etc.
- Work closely with Atlific to maximize hotel revenue and exceed budgets.
- Engage with Atlific contacts for sales and marketing initiatives, training, feedback and coaching to help others developing their skills and careers.
- Conduct account and market research to develop and implement effective sales strategies for each market segment, to grow market share.
- Oversees property CRM –Salesforce and ensures all pertinent client communication including proposals and contracts are documented within the system.
- Effectively oversees reporting within Salesforce to ensure sales activities and all information relevant to groups is optimized.
- Conduct outside sales calls, telephone solicitation and site inspections to build relationships, diligently target new business, and grow existing accounts.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key clients, partners, and industry stakeholders.
- Represent the hotel at industry and Atlific events, and sales related activities.
- Attend tourism events, educational workshops, organizations, committees, trade shows, and company sponsored conferences after hours.
- Entertain clients on/off–site; representing the hotel in a professional manner.
- Prepare and evaluate monthly reports and set appropriate actions.
- Promote the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally, as well as oversee the adherence to values and mission.
- Assist with various assignments and/or projects as assigned by Management Company.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Director of Sales in the hospitality industry, with proven track record.
- Post-secondary education (Hospitality Degree) in Sales or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Highly energetic, dynamic, self-starter and well developed sales skills.
- Strong sales leadership with ability to direct and motivate the team to achieve goals.
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented, commitment to superior customer service.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong negotiation, prospecting and presentation skills.
- Established industry contacts and knowledge of marketplace.
- Computer literacy (excel, word, group booking systems, internet, email, Salesforce/Delphi).
- Proven leader who can motivate and lead by example.
- Works well under pressure.
- Commitment to superior customer service.
You are invited to email your cover letter and resume to the General Manager –Vijendra Singh at: email@example.com. We appreciate your interest, but only those scheduled for an interview will be contacted.
Dakota Dunes Resort is supportive of workplace diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.